Hollywell will imminently be completing a project to design, supply and install two hose points on level one of the car park at Bishop’s Stortford station for our client Greater Anglia. Whilst that might sound quite simple, there was quite a lot but there is quite a lot of work involved, namely:
- Supply a GRP single-door kiosk secured to the above base and bolted to the rear wall. Cylinder type lock supplied with keys or free issue a ‘205’ keyed cylinder for fitting. Kiosk size to be confirmed.
- Single automatic pump with a typical pressure of 3.0 bar. Low water protection for the pump. Break-tank complete with incoming isolation valve, ¾” ball float valve (WRAS approved) and a screened weir-slot overflow for WRAS compliance for category five fluids.
- Stainless steel rising main to the two taps complete with insulation and 230V 15W/m heat trace tape, all mounted in a 75mm x 75mm galvanised steel electrical trunking.
- Leading edge of trunking to be marked with a yellow reflective self-adhesive tape to warn drivers of this raised box section. The top to be covered with a 75mm self-adhesive black/yellow anti-slip tape – thus solving two problems: being slippery when wet and covering the turn buckles that allow the trunking to be accessed in the future.
- Two stainless steel, lockable boxes at approx 1000mm from the finished floor level complete with hose union bib tap. Insulated with heat trace tape.
- Power supply to be taken from the lower level plant room – use existing cable trunking – lighting circuits – route the majority of the way in existing trunking. At the end of the building, install new trunking to complete the route into the new kiosk.
- Install a small garage-type consumer unit for the pump and the trace heating. Include a suitable thermostat to ensure the trace heating only operates when required.
- Includes design, planning, health and safety (RAMS etc).
- An ‘as built’ schematic pipework drawing will be provided along with a manual for the pump etc.